After they blew up the Chevron oil well RMP 23 and RMP 24 earlier this week, the Niger Delta Avengers have released a list of 10 demands.
The demands include:
1. The immediate implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference report, failure of which Nigeria will forcefully break-up.
2. President Buhari, the Director-General of the State Secret Service and the All Progressives Congress (APC)candidate in Bayelsa state, Timipre Sylva should apologize to the people of the Niger Delta region and family of Late Chief DSP Alamieyesegha for killing him with intimidation and harassmentbecause of his party affiliation.
3. The ownership of oil blocks in Nigeria must reflect 60% for the oil producing people and 40% for the non-oil producing people.
4. The only Nigerian Maritime University sited in the most appropriate and befitting place – Okerenkoko in Delta state, must start the 2015/2016 academic session immediately.
5. The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi should apologize to the Ijaws and the entire Niger Delta people for his careless and reckless statement about the citing of the University in Okerenko.
6. Ogoniland and and all oil polluted lands in the Niger Delta must be cleaned up, while compensation should be paid to all oil producing communities.
7. Radio Biafra director and Independent Peoples of Biafra leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,should be released unconditionally.
8. The Niger Delta Amnesty programme must be well funded and allowed to continue to run effectively.
9. All APC members indicted for corruption should be made to face trial like their counterparts in the Peoples Democratic Party.
10. All oil multi-nationals and foreign investors should observe these demands, as their business interest in the country will be first targeted.